Getting to grips with blogging is at times a hard feat to overcome. We created this Blogging for Dummies Guide as blogging is unfortunately not just simply writing a post and publishing it. You have to understand so much more including, WordPress, SEO and How to Make Money Blogging.
In this post we will review the Best Blogging for Dummies books out there.
WordPress and All Technical Stuff
Unless you are technically minded and know everything about WordPress and hosting, you need to read one of these books. Each of these books have a different angle on the advice they provide.
Luckily for you, we have laid out how each of these books can help you with blogging and WordPress.
WordPress All In One For Dummies
Everything you need to know about WordPress Take your WordPress experience to the next level with the information packed inside this All-in-One. From the basics of setting up your account, to choosing a host and theme, to keeping your site secure, the 8 books of expert information will help you take the WordPress community by storm. Inside: Build your site foundation Choose a server Become a site admin pro Use SEO and social media to extend your site Personalize your site with themes and plugins Read and understand site analytics.
Are you ready to make your mark on the Internet with a personal blog, but are not quite sure where to start? Blogging For Dummies gives you the lowdown on blogging basics. Including the anatomy of a good blog, and all the tools you need to get started.
Plus, you’ll find advice on
- Choosing a blog topic
- Picking a domain name and host
- Writing your first blog post
- Planning an editorial calendar
and so much more. Whether you’re interested in casual blogging or creating a more professional online presence, Blogging For Dummies covers it all. Making it easier than ever to put your thoughts and words out to the masses.
Blogging For Dummies will help you jump into blogging with both feet!
WordPress For Dummies
An excellent introduction to WordPress. WordPress for dummies is for anyone looking for help in getting started creating their first WordPress site. Also, it helps you in understanding the technicalities of a WordPress powered website.
Clearly aimed at WordPress beginners, WordPress for Dummies contains well in excess of 350 pages of expertly-written content. Topics ranging from the benefits of using WordPress to understanding many of the complexities of creating and customizing WordPress themes and functionality.
In a nutshell, if you’re one of those people who talks about starting their own WordPress blog but hasn’t actually gotten around to setting it all up yet, WordPress for dummies will both give you the confidence you need to actually get up and running with WordPress and ensure you’ve got a solid foundation from which to build on.
Blogging For Dummies 2nd Edition
Blogging For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you all the basics so you can get a good start. But this book is not just for beginners. If you have been blogging for awhile now and want to take your blog to the next level then blogging for dummies looks at podcasting and vlogging.
Reading blogging for dummies 2nd edition you’ll find out how to:
- Make your blog stand out in a crowd, build an audience, and even make it pay
- Choose the best software options, boost readership, and handle comments
- Generate revenue from your blog with ads and sponsorships
- Protect your privacy and your job
- Deal with spam and the inappropriate comments from that guy who posts several times a day
- Find your niche
- Attract and keep readers
- Use your blog to promote your business, cause, or organization
- Add audio, video, cool widgets, and more
SEO is how as a blogger you are going to be driving traffic to your blog. Unless you are an expert in SEO, you need to at least learn some of the basics to SEO to get you started.
The no-nonsense SEO playbook was written for you by Will Coombe. You want to listen (or read) what Will has to say on SEO as he is one of the UKs leading SEO consultants and has over 9 years in digital marketing.
3 Months To No.1: The No Nonsense SEO Playbook For Getting Your Website Found On Google
The no-nonsense playbook was made for you to read if you are a SEO newbie or a blogger with big plans. Providing you with an easy to follow step-by-step SEO guide and checklist. The no-nonsense playbook has everything you need to become a big player on Google. Cultimating in you finding your place in those search results.
Will Coombe draws the lessons from the experience in his SEO Agency and reveals top secrets of search engine optimization. Using the techniques that saves you thousands by doing your own SEO.
As you read this book you will become more efficient on social media and gain the greatly needed knowledge of SEO.
Cultivating The Right Mindset
Being a blogger is harder to do than you may think. Keeping up the initial enthusiasm and not losing all interest when you are not seeing the website traffic you want. Or even struggling to monetize your blog.
But wait there’s still hope to keep up your dreams of success. Sally Miller shares with you the essential habits of 6 figure bloggers.
Essential Habits Of 6 Figure Bloggers: Secrets Of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use To Build A Six Figure Online Business
Essential habits of 6 figure bloggers was written by Sally Miller. Sally Miller suggests there are THREE things that make a successful blog. They are:
- Act with Purpose — have a purpose and guiding principles for your blog to help you laser focus and create content your ideal reader is looking for.
- Create Systems– to keep you accountable, help you execute effectively, and keep your blog moving forward and growing.
- Believe in Yourself–mindset is everything. Know that you can do this! And don’t give up when it gets hard.
In each chapter, Sally Miller shares 6-Figure Bloggers’ answers to the same questions:
- What’s your favorite business book?
- How long did it take for you to earn $8,000/month consistently?
- What habit has improved your life this year?
- When did you hire your first virtual assistant?
- If you had to start again, what would you do differently?
- What is your biggest obstacle in building your business?
- What advice can you give struggling bloggers?
It has really great tips and reinforces a few things that every blogger should really be focused on including
- The average length of time it takes for a SUCCESSFUL blogger to reach earning $100,000 a year is 2.68 years. So if you don’t find success right away, keep plugging along, make adjustments. You’ve got this!
- The average time it takes a blog writer to decide they need help is 1.25 years. And the best advice is to hire someone just at the point of overwhelm…not AFTER you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Productivity tips that overwhelmingly help you create a successful blog business